Reading List for Parents
Required reading for the Parent Education class for new Suzuki Parents:
- Nurtured By Love, Shinichi Suzuki ISBN 0-87487-584-6
- Ability Development From Age Zero, Shinichi Suzuki ISBN 0-87487-580-3
- Helping Parents Practice, Edmund Sprunger ISBN 0-9767854-3-9
- The Myth of Ability—Nurturing Mathematical Talent in Every Child, John Mighton
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How.Daniel Coyle
- Journal of the Suzuki Association of the Americas, a quarterly publication of the SAA. Available from suzukiassociation.org
Suzuki materials are available from:
Kira after her Schelomo concerto performance with Portland Youth Philharmonic in March 2019.
Understanding the structure of the language of music is an essential part of every student’s training, regardless of the instrument they play!