- interested families are asked to attend a group class, and/or a studio performance class before scheduling a ‘Meet and greet’
- We require that all registering students and parents attend a meet and greet event at least once before any class scheduling is discussed.
FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
- Please attend regular lessons and group classes with your child as a quiet observer. (Parents of students over the age of 10 are not required to attend lessons and group classes, however, parental supervision of at-home practice time is required for all ages).
- Take notes and/or video at every lesson, and alert Valdine about questions and concerns at the beginning of the lesson so she can plan the lesson time accordingly.
- Please monitor daily practice (at least the length of your lesson time is expected) from the notes made during the lesson. Refer to the Repetition Games handout to make it fun and effective!
- Quietly observing siblings are welcome. If sibling(s) are disrupting the lesson, please find alternate care.
- Student-parent-teacher interaction at lessons should be courteous, calm, and focused.
- Please refrain from cell phone/email use during lessons. If you need to answer an important call during a lesson, please step outside.
- Turn on the appropriate Suzuki recording, playing it in language immersion style in the home and family vehicle. This helps the students tremendously with memory and absorbing musical style.
- Attend concerts, watch other cellists’ YouTube videos, seek out cello/music-related media, etc.
COVID-19 Studio Protocol
- Lessons occurring on Zoom or in person
- In-person lessons are masked, with windows open, separated by at least 6 feet, and air-purifier.
- When weather permits, lesson can occur outside on the covered patio with masks and distance.
- Observation of lessons and/or group class for prospective students is over Zoom.